National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
NPQSL gives candidates all of the essential knowledge, skills and concepts that underpin successful senior leadership. Participants will cover ‘learn that’ and ‘learn how to’ statements in ten areas:
- 1 – School Culture
- 2 – Teaching
- 3 – Curriculum and Assessment
- 4 – Behaviour
- 5 – Additional and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- 6 – Professional Development
- 7 – Organisational Management
- 8 – Implementation
- 9 – Working in Partnership
- 10 – Governance and Accountability
The fully blended learning approach combined with performance coaching and enrichment activities make this an exciting and valuable opportunity for current and aspiring senior leaders.
The NPQSL qualification is aligned to Masters credits and can act as a springboard on to Liverpool Hope University’s MA in Leading in Education or the MBA in Educational Leadership.
Benefits for Participants
- Facilitation and support from serving school leaders in outstanding schools
- Purpose-built virtual learning environment enabled for mobiles and tablets
- Delivery at local venues
- Guaranteed support to pass the final assessment
- Content contextualised for your locality and updated to reflect national developments and legislation
Benefits for Schools
- Regular progress updates for mentors and headteachers
- Support succession of school leaders and build a cohesive, impact-focused school leadership team
- A professionally aware and informed leader who can make evidence-based decisions and approach new challenges in an effective and efficient manner
- The ability to review and evaluate practice in order to bring about change and get the best outcomes for young people and staff within the organisation
What does it cost?
The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) costs £1,140 plus VAT if applicable.
VAT will not be applied to DfE funded candidates or state-funded schools.
Full scholarship funding, with no cost to the participant, for the NPQ in Senior Leadership is available to those who meet the following criteria:
- are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities
- work in a state-funded school in England that is within the top 30th percentile in relation to pupils on Pupil Premium as of the end of the previous academic year
To view the full range of NPQ scholarships and funding pathways available please visit NPQ Funding 2021.
Access to funding remains conditional on successful verification of participants’ registration information against Teaching Regulation Agency records, so you must ensure that the information supplied to your NPQ provider matches your teacher record. You can check and update your record via the Teaching Regulation Agency’ Teacher Self-Service Portal.
NPQSL is also available to colleagues in England as part of a Leaders Apprenticeship funded by the Apprenticeship Levy. For more information please visit www.bestpracticenet.co.uk/leader-apprenticeship-npqsl.
To find out more about this programme, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly by following the link below and identify Futures Teaching Alliance as your delivery partner.