National Professional Qualification in Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
The NPQEL is a DfE-accredited qualification. The content and processes used within the programme are subject to robust external quality assurance so that schools and participants may have confidence that the areas studied have direct relevance to their current needs.
Benefits for Participants
- Increased knowledge and understanding of what effective executive leaders need to know (learn that), and to be able to do (learn how to), to successfully lead the strategic direction of a trust and its constituent schools.
- The NPQEL qualification is aligned to Masters credits and can act as a springboard on to Liverpool Hope University’s MA in Leading in Education or the MBA in Educational Leadership.
- Flexible delivery arrangements according to needs and circumstances.
- Individual coaching focused on current personal professional needs provided by our experienced performance coaches.
- Assessment tasks that involve professional enquiry into practical elements of trust organisation.
- Choose what to study. Our regular needs analyses support participants to focus their energies on those leadership domains they most wish to develop.
- Opportunities to network with other leaders, both nationally and internationally, in order to reflect on the latest research into effective trust leadership and to explore practice in settings different to their own.
Benefits for schools
- .A leader who is able to set, and deliver, an ambitious vision for the trust
- A leader equipped with essential knowledge and understanding of the relationship between the different domains an executive leader must lead.
- A leader who can lead and establish a culture of professional evidence-based enquiry throughout the trust and support other leaders in its implementation.
- A leader with the skills to weigh the benefits of establishing common systems and practices across a trust against the benefits of with providing the constituent schools with the freedom to develop their own practices.
- A leader with a deep understanding of the complexities of implementing sustainable change across several organisations.
- A leader who shares common understandings and a shared professional language with other leaders within and beyond their trust – the ‘golden thread’ of professional development.
What does it cost?
The National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL) costs £4,095 plus VAT if applicable. VAT will not be applied to DfE funded candidates or state-funded schools.
All Specialist and Leadership NPQs are fully-funded for state-funded schools for Autumn 2022. Apply by 22nd July to secure a fully-funded place.
How to Apply
To apply for NPQEL click here. Don't forget to add FUTURES TEACHING ALLIANCE as Regional Delivery Partner when prompted.