National Professional Qualification in Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)
NPQLTD gives participants all the essential knowledge, skills and concepts that underpin successful leadership of teacher development.
What are the benefits?
The fully blended learning approach combined with performance coaching and enrichment activities make this an exciting and valuable opportunity for those who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school.
The NPQLTD qualification is worth 30 Master's credits and can act as a springboard onto Liverpool Hope University’s MA in Leading in Education or the MBA in Educational Leadership.
Benefits for Participants
- Become adept in supporting initial teacher training, early career teachers as well as the wider development of all colleagues across the school
- Develop expertise across a number of specialist areas related to their role (e.g. designing professional development)
- Purpose-built virtual learning environment enabled for mobiles and tablets
- Support to pass the final assessment
- Content contextualised for your locality and updated to reflect national developments and legislation
- Facilitation and support from serving school leaders in outstanding schools and delivery at local venues
Benefits for Schools
- A leader with the ability to plan the effective delivery of in-house professional development activities targeted specifically at the school’s identified needs thus securing greater impact on staff, potential cost savings and better value for money.
- Regular progress updates for mentors and headteachers
- Support succession of school leaders and build a cohesive, impact-focused school leadership team
- A professionally aware and informed leader who can make evidence-based decisions and approach leading teacher development in an effective and efficient manner
- The ability to review and evaluate practice in order to bring about change and get the best outcomes for young people and staff within the organisation
What does it cost?
The NPQLTD costs £895 plus VAT if applicable. VAT will not be applied to DfE funded candidates or state-funded schools.
All Specialist and Leadership NPQs are fully-funded for state-funded schools for Autumn 2022. Apply by 22nd July to secure a fully-funded place.
How to Apply
To apply for NPQLTD click here. Don't forget to add FUTURES TEACHING ALLIANCE as Regional Delivery Partner when prompted.