National Professional Qualification in Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
The NPQSL is a DfE-accredited qualification. The content and processes used within the programme are subject to robust external quality assurance so that schools and participants can have confidence that the areas studied have direct relevance to their current needs.
Benefits for Participants
- Facilitation and support from serving school leaders in outstanding schools.
- Purpose-built virtual learning environment enabled for mobiles and tablets.
- Delivery at local venues.
- Support to pass the final assessment.
- Content contextualised for your locality and updated to reflect national developments and legislation.
- Assessment tasks that involve professional enquiry into relevant aspects of your school’s current practices.
- The NPQSL qualification is aligned to Masters credits and can act as a springboard on to Liverpool Hope University’s MA in Leading in Education or the MBA in Educational Leadership.
- Flexible delivery arrangements according to needs and circumstances e.g. provision for staff who work part-time.
- Choose what to study. Our regular needs analyses support participants to focus their energies on those aspects of their leadership they most wish to develop.
Benefits for Schools
- A leader who is able to make a positive contribution to a wide range of whole school activities.
- A leader who shares common understandings and a shared professional language with other leaders in your school – the ‘golden thread’ of professional development.
- A leader who recognises the importance of having a secure evidence-base to underpin their strategic decision-taking and is familiar with the science of learning.
- A leader with the skills necessary to successfully implement sustainable changes intended to secure improved pupil outcomes.
- A leader equipped with essential knowledge and understanding of what we are learning about effective practice in both operational and strategic leadership and management at a whole school level.
What does it cost?
The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) costs £1,135 plus VAT if applicable. VAT will not be applied to DfE funded candidates or state-funded schools.
All Specialist and Leadership NPQs are fully-funded for state-funded schools for Autumn 2023. Apply by 10th October 2023 to secure a fully-funded place.